Pilo has transformed an exceptional place, the former François Truffaut college on the slopes of the Croix-Rousse into a hostel and locavore bistro. The establishment offers 200 beds with a breathtaking view of the Fourvière basilica and a 160-seat bistro with a terrace in the former playground.
Pilo is located in a 5000m2 third place integrating several spaces:
- A student residence
- A comic book house that hosts the Lyon BD festival and allows the city to shine in this major cultural field
- A crèche managed by the Petits Chaperons Rouges which offers affordable rates with an "art and culture" orientation for their educational project
- Multiple modular rooms, open to neighborhood associations and activities (yoga, etc.)
- A courtyard open to the neighborhood, as a call to local residents and passing tourists. A new village square, popular and animated
- A boutique hotel where you can sleep from 1 hour to a year and with rooms from 2 to 8 people with bathroom.
- A locavore bistro open all day long where Parisians and travelers mingle, as well as people in transit at the station and nomad workers.
- Modular common areas designed for rest or entertainment, connected laundry and luggage storage, a shared kitchen and a gym.
A lifestyle hotel and a locavore restaurant open to associations and companies.
With its warm, designer interiors, its hundred or so rooms will cater to professionals and travelers in transit for short and medium stays. A special place will be given to families with rooms specially designed for them.
A 400 m2 locavore restaurant-bar will be the meeting point for local workers, Touraine residents and travelers.